DAR recognizes 5 outstanding agrarian reform groups
The Department of Agrarian Reform has recognized five Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Organizations (ARBO) from Mimaropa for their outstanding achievements this year.
The five were cited as the best-performing cooperatives, out of 40 ARBOs from the region, in terms of growth, income, management, and sustainability.
The recognition rites was held durin a DAR regional summit held at the Ramada Hotel in Manila.
The five outstanding ARBOs are the following:
1. Most Outstanding Community Enterprise – The Mansalay Agriculture and Fisheries Development Cooperative (MAFDECO) of Mansalay, Oriental Mindoro.
2. Highest Number of ARB Members for Newly Organized ARBOs– The Samahan ng mga Benepisyaryo ng Agraryo sa Timog Victoria (SBATV) of Victoria, Oriental Mindoro.
3. Highest Number of ARB Members for Existing ARBOs – The CK Plus Multi-Purpose Cooperative of Puerto Prinsesa.
4. Excellence in Providing Financial Products and Services – The Tanikala ng Pagkakaisa Multi-Purpose Cooperative of Boac, Marinduque.
5. Outstanding Community Involvement – The Agra Progreso Multi-Purpose Cooperative of Odiongan, Romblon.
Atty. Marvin Bernal, DAR-Mimaropa Regional Director, said these citations are proof of the hard work of the ARBOs and the assistance of the department and its partner agencies to help increase farmers’ income and uplift their lives.
“The DAR has a mandate, not only of providing lands for the farmers but also to support them in increasing their crop production and develop their agri-businesses,” Bernal said.
Bernal said the outstanding ARBOs were also cited for their excellence in community enterprise, increase in membership, provision of financial products and services, and community involvement and development.
The DAR also awarded five outstanding ARBO products of Mimaropa that have achieved distinction in product design, sales, and sustainability.
The five outstanding ARBO products are the following:
1. Rising Star Award (Best New Product) – Maranlig Ginger candies produced by the Maranlig CARP Beneficiaries Association of Torrijos, Marinduque.
2. Product Leader of the Year – Midoren-C calamansi juice concentrate produced by the Matulatula Agrarian Reform Community Cooperative of Pola, Oriental Mindoro.
3. Pillar of Power Award – Biscocea Arrow Root Cookies produced by the Bahi Agricultural and Fisheries Association of Gasan, Marinduque.
4. Green Product Award – Dulce Nuez Coco Sugar produced by the Sikap Agriculture Cooperative of Buenavista, Marinduque.
5. Product Design Award – Buri Handicrafts produced by the Tuban Blessed Farmers Multi-Purpose Cooperative of Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro.