Mayor Legacion reiterates prevention orders amid ASF threat in CamSur
Naga City Mayor Nelson Legacion has reminded the concerned offices regarding his African Swine Fever prevention directives.
This is in view of the statement of Department of Agriculture Regional Executive Director Rodel P. Tornillo, confirming African Swine Fever incidence in Bombon, Camarines Sur.
“I am reiterating the following directives I made this morning during our Press Conference to ensure the spread prevention of ASF in the city,” the mayor said.
Legacion ordered the following:
1. The Naga City Police Office with the assistance of the City Veterinary Office shall conduct animal checkpoints in strategic places 24/7. All live hogs originating from Bombon, Canaman, Magarao and Calabanga shall not be allowed entry in the City of Naga. All products from these areas shall be confiscated and disposed based on existing protocols;
2. No hogs may be brought to the Naga City Abattoir without the necessary documents:
• Livestock Inspection Certificate issued by the City Veterinary Office for hogs raised and originating in Naga City.
• Livestock Inspection or Health Certificate issued by a government or private veterinarian and City Veterinary Office Indorsement for hogs raised and originating from other parts of Camarines Sur.
• Livestock Inspection/Health Certificate issued by a government or private veterinarian, Shipping Permit issued by the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI) and City Veterinary Office Indorsement for hogs raised and originating from outside of Camarines Sur
3. The Anti – ASF Task Force shall conduct mandatory inspection on pork products transported via land transport vehicles entering the terminals of the city. All pork products brought or transported without the necessary shipping permit and those products from regions and countries affected by African Swine Fever shall confiscated and disposed based on existing protocols;
4. The Abattoir shall institute tighter and mandatory disinfection of all livestock transports and impose hygiene precautions of all personnel/clients prior to entry to the premises.
5. The City Agriculture Office is directed to visit and alert all hog farmers in the city regarding this directive and ASF incidence.