Gubernatorial bet Sen. Escudero holds dialogue with Sorsogon’s fisherfolk community
Gubernatorial bet and outgoing Senator Chiz Escudero has spearheaded a dialogue with the fisherfolk community recently in his home town Sorsgogon province.
Escudero led the Team Sorsogon First’s consultation with the fisherfolk and aquatic associations as they discussed wide array of topics.
“Team Sorsogon First gubernatorial candidate Chiz Escudero and his team held a consultation with fisherfolks and aquatic associations in the province to discuss pertinent issues related to fisheries and aquaculture practices,” the Senator’s office said.
The topics include:
1. delineation of municipal waters
2. color-coordination of bancas to monitor illegal fishing
3. insurance coverage for fishermen and their bancas
4. bank loan guarantee for fishing associations
5. strengthening of fishing and aquatic associations
6. corporate farming
7. livelihood projects to augment income during rainy season
Aside from the senator, speakers and resource persons include vice gubernatorial candidate Wowo Fortes, and congressional aspirant Ditas Ramos.
Also present were board members Arze Glipo, Jun Escudero, Ryan Dioneda and Butch Ravanilla, councilors Ton Erlano and Recto Valeriano, Barangay Captain Junjun Mella, broadcasters Roland Añonuevo and Ed Atutubo.
Also in attendance were representatives from the Provincial Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources.
Escudero is serving his last and final term as Senator.