Calapan City Council wants stricter implementation of ordinance banning use of plastic bags in stores
The City Council of Calapan has expressed its intent to tighten the implementation on the ordinance prohibiting the use of plastic bags in stores and other establishments.
The agreement was reached upon during the council’s regular session last April 24.
“Napagtalakayan sa pangkaraniwang pagpupulong ang obserbasyon ng mga mambabatas sa tila maluwag na implimentasyon ng ilang ordinansa sa lunsod tulad ng ordinansa na nagbabawal sa paggamit ng plastic sa mga tindahan at establisyemento,” the city council said.
“Napagkasunduan na ang mga issues and concerns kaugnay dito ay maipaabot sa susunod na LEDAC meeting,” it added.
Meanwhile, several resolutions were also approved during that session, such as:
• Resolution authorizing the City Mayor to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement by and between the Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro for the implementation of 2016 BUB Projects in the City of Calapan.
Appropriation Ordinance regarding General Fund Annual Budget for 2018 of the following barangays with corresponding amounts: Biga, Bondoc and Puting Tubig.
• Appropriation Ordinance No. 1 Series of 2018 of Barangay Parang regarding General Fund Budget No. 1 for FY 2018 amounting to P477,094.27
• Resolution authorizing the City Mayor to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement by and between the City Government of Calapan and Department of Science and Technology-Regional Office IV-B for the implementation of project, ‘Deployment of Early Warning System (DEWS)” in Disaster-prone Areas in the City of Calapan through the Barangay Council of Barangay Panggalaan.
• Resolution authorizing the City Accountant to enroll in the Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) Institutional Internet Banking (weAccess).
• Resolution authorizing the City Mayor to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with the Community Based Monitoring System (CBMS) Network Team, Department of the Interior and Local Government through the Bureau of Local Government Development (DILG-BLGD), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)-MIMAROPA Regional Office and Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro (PGOrM) the implementation of Community-Based Monitoring System in the City of Calapan.