Drug ‘casualties’ too: 2 Bicol provincial PNP directors, 29 police chiefs sacked over drugs
You could call them casualties of the war against illegal drugs.
At least 31 Bicol police officers, including two provincial directors and 29 chiefs of police, were sacked for not meeting targets in the anti-drug war.
Bicol Today quoted regional police head Chief Superintendent Ramon Buenafe as saying the relief order took effect last Aug. 25, and included police chiefs in:
– Albay: Jovellar, Rapu-Rapu, Manito and Sto. Domingo, and Legazpi and Tabaco Cities
– Camarines Norte: Capalonga, Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Vinson and San Vicente
– Catanduanes: Baras, Bato, Panganiban
– Masbate: Monreal, Palanas, Placer, San Fernando, San Jacinto
– Sorsogon: Bulusan, Matnog, Prieto Diaz and Sta. Magdalena
– Naga City: 2 station commanders
– Masbate: provincial director
The relieved provincial directors and station commanders will undergo management training refresher course for 45 days.