COVID-19 cases jump to 108 in Bicol Region
Coronavirus disease cases in Bicol Region have climbed to 108 after seven new confirmed cases were logged yesterday.
The Department of Health Center for Health Development (DOH CHD) – Bicol reported seven new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Sunday.
“The total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases recorded in Bicol Region is now one hundred eight (108). Active cases are twenty-nine (29),” the department said.
All seven new cases are from Naga City and had an exposure to patients with local codes Bicol#91 & Bicol#92.
• Bicol#102 – a 23 year old Filipino female
• Bicol#103 (Painter) – a 22-year old Filipino male
• Bicol#104 (Private Employee) – a 26-year old Filipino female
• Bicol#105 (Laborer) – a 59-year old Filipino male
• Bicol#106 (Laborer) – a 33-year old Filipino male
• Bicol#107 (Housewife) – a 22-year old Filipino female
• Bicol#108 (Private Employee) – a 26-year old Filipino male
“All patients except Bicol#105, are asymptomatic. Bicol#105 first experienced symptoms today, June 28, 2020. All are quarantined. The Naga City Health Team facilitated swabbing of all patients,” said the DOH.
Meanwhile, the DOH appealed to the Bicolanos to remain vigilant and observe health measures amid the threat of the viral disease.
“The public is strongly advised to strictly follow community quarantine procedures as well as precautionary measures including proper hand washing, social distancing, cough etiquette, disinfection of commonly used objects, use of facemask, healthy lifestyle and to stay at home,” the DOH said.
“Everyone’s cooperation is crucial in this time of crisis,” it added.