Albay Gov. Bichara orders evacuation of residents threatened by flood, landslides brought by Ursula
Albay Governor Al Francis Bichara has ordered the evacuation of residents threatened by flood and landslide as Typhoon Ursula nears landfall in the county.
Ursula has intensified into a typhoon this afternoon as it heads towards Eastern Visayas, according to the weather state bureau PAGASA.
Bichara has issued the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Advisory 1, detailing his orders as Ursula brings rains to the province.
For public safety, the Albay PDRRMC orders the following:
1. Overnight Evacuation or proceed to temporary safe holding area for all population threatened by flood, landslide, lahar, storm surge and wind effective today December 24, 2019.
2. No sailing to all types of sea craft and fishermen in the entire province.
3. No crossing along the swollen rivers.\
4. Cancellation of any outdoor activities in observance of the Christmas celebration.
5. All City/Municipal/Barangay DRRMCs shall:
a. Be on preparedness status for possible flood, flashflood landslide and lahar or mudflow.
b. Be on 24-hour close monitoring in their respective locality.
6. Better to celebrate and observe Christmas Eve on safe location as we consider your lives as our priority.
“Have a safe, blessed and a joyful Christmas to everyone,” Bichara said.