Naga City braces for Typhoon Tisoy
Naga City Mayor Nelson Legacion has issued a precautionary measures to be undertaken amid the threats of Typhoon Kammuri.
As part of Naga City’s preparedness measures for the possible impact of Typhoon Kammuri, the following directives were issued:
1. All approved travel authorities and/or leave of absences of all employees and officials of CDRRMC-member offices, including that of barangay officials, whose services are needed before, during and after an emergency and/or disaster are deemed revoked effective 1 December 2019;
2. All Punong Barangays are directed to convene their respective Barangay Disaster and Risk Reduction nManagement Councils for pre-incident planning;
3. All member agencies are directed to conduct an accounting of all supplies, materials and equipment that may be utilized before, during and after an emergency;
4. CEO, ENRO and SWMO must ensure that all outfalls are cleared and the flood gates are checked;
5. ENRO and GSD must prune trees with dense canopies, already dead or in the state of dying as well as those with codominant trunks;
Mayor Nelson Legacion als ordered the Division of City Schools to direct school principals to ready classrooms for evacuation purposes.
Typhoon Kammuri will be called Typhoon Tisoy upon entry to the Philippine Area of Responsibility.