Masbate inks feasibility study deal for new international airport project
The Province of Masbate has inked an agreement for the feasibility study of a new international airport in the province, Rep. Tonton Kho said.
The solon credited the new project to the efforts of Masbate Governor Antonio Kho.
“First of all, pasalamatan po naton ang nag-spearhead na si Gov. Antonio Kho for his efforts in keeping Masbate very productive,” Rep. Kho said.
“We will always support you Gov para sa ikauunlad san aton probinsya,” he added.
Rep. Kho also made the following updates on the said project.
“Just to give an update for my fellow Masbatenyos, nag contract signing na po kita para sa feasibility study para sa new Masbate International Airport na ipapatindog sa Uson, Masbate,” he said.
Rep. Kho explained that the feasibility study will take up to six months.
He also made the following clarifications:
1) no publics funds were used in this project. We have tied up with a private company to finance the FS.
2) ginagawa namin to to boost up the tourism industry in the province. Dito tayo aasenso guys.
3) ang sa kuryente naman, magiging operational na ang power plant ng DMCI this december. Kaya d na tayo kukulangin ng supply ng kuryente.
4) about sa water system naman, may kanya kanyang water system ang bawat munisipyo natin. Pero may plan si gov na gawan ng malakihang water district ang masbate. And gagawa po ulit ng FS para dito. Konting tiis lang po.
5) sa mga tatamaan ng airport, everyone will be compensated. In fact, we will have a meeting 2morrow sa mga land owners to discuss yung compensation.
“Salamat Guys sa mga concern nyo! You guys are always welcome to express your opinions and suggestions in our page,” he said.