Albay Gov Bichara issues protocol on public advisories regarding weather disturbances
Albay Governor Al Francis Bichara has issued an executive order regarding the general protocol on public advisories related to weather disturbances.
In his Executive Order No. 20-2019, Bichara said that because of Albay’s location and topography, the province is exposed and vulnerable to various weather systems.
The Governor said that Albay is being frequented by tropical depression, tropical storm, typhoon and super typhoon which can cause “wide spread and province wide impact.”
Because of this, Bichara ordered the following:
• City and Municipal LGU through their respective local DRRM offices shall release localized advisory to weather related disturbance that may affect their specific locality/areas of responsibility such as suspension of work, classes and travel warnings that may affect public safety resulting from the following:
a. North Emt Monsoon/ “Amihan”
b. South West Monsoon/ “Habagat”
c. Cold Front/Tail End of the Cold Front
d. InterTropical Convergent Zone
f. Low Pressure.
• That such advisories and/or suspension shall be released for public information and dissemination and will remain in effect until lifted by the respective cities and municipalities as may be deemed necessary as determined by the local DRRM Officer to be recommended to the Local Chief Executive (LCE) for final decision making.
• City and municipal DRRM Officers are required to report and provide APSEMO a copy of the said advisories and must update the latter with hourly status report indicating pertinent information on road traffic condition, casualties, evacuation and other actions taken.
• The Albay PDRRMC though APSEMO shall release and provide timely provincial advisory on weather hazards and other related incidents that will cause an effect throughout the province such as low pressure area (LPA), tropical depression, tropical storm, severe tropical storm, typhoon and super typhoon.
• That such advisories and/or suspension shall be released for public information and dissemination and will remain in effect until lifted by APSEMO as may be deemed necessary as determined by the APSEMO Head to be recommended to the Local Chief Executive (LCE) for final decision making and/or approval.
• Such advisories from APSEMO shall be immediately and widely disseminated for public information using all available media, respective city and municipal LGUs shall be furnished with a copy of the advisory for dissemination and proper action in their locality.
• Upon receipt of the provincial advisory, the city and municipal DRRM Officers are required to report and provide APSEMO an hourly update of their local situation indicating pertinent information on road traffic condition, casualties, evacuation and other actions taken.
• APSEMO shall establish appropriate reporting format and procedure using applicable media.