Green warrior! Occidental Mindoro Rep. Josephine Ramirez Sato finds a partner in conserving the environment
Occidental Mindoro Rep. Josephine Ramirez Sato is happy to forge a new partnership with UN BioFin Global Manager Onno van den Heuvel, with whom she would work with in biodiversity conservation.
In a Facebook post, Sato said she had a productive meeting with Van Den Heuvel and they agreed tap the youth in Tamaraw conservation initiatives.
They would also work with the environment department to ensure that there would be a budget for the protected areas under the Expanded National Integrated Protected Areas System.
An Asean parliamentary caucus for biodiversity conservation will likewise be organized, with Sato vowing to propose the idea to the incoming House Speaker.
Sato said she was also invited to join the Biofin Global Conference to be held in Paris in April next year.
Her environmental advocacy is going places and taking her places!
“Had a very productive meeting with Mr. Onno van den Heuvel, UN BioFin Global Manager, a friend and fellow biodiversity conservation advocate.
We agreed that my office and BioFin will work closely on:
1. Mobilizing the youth and SK leaders of Occidental Mindoro for Tamaraw conservation initiatives;
2. Work with DENR Sec. Roy Cimatu and DENR-BMB in ensuring the institutionalized budget allocation for the 113 legislated Protected Areas listed in the ENIPAS;
3. Organize an ASEAN Parliamentary Caucus for Biodiversity Conservation. I will personally propose this to our incoming Speaker of the House of Representatives, Cong. Alan Peter Cayetano;
4. BioFin Bhutan formally invited me as a resource person for a learning visit on policy development and localization of biodiversity financing; and,
5. Onno also formally invited me to participate in the next Biofin Global Conference to be held in Paris on April, 2020.
Thanks Onno and the rest of the BioFIn team. We now have our work cut-out for us!,” Sato posted.