Occidental Mindoro Rep. Sato meets with UN BioFin’s manager; agrees to work on biodiversity conservation
Occidental Mindoro Rep. Josephine Ramirez-Sato held a meeting with the United Nations Biodiversity Finance Initiative manager.
Sato said that she had “a very productive meeting” with Mr. Onno van den Heuvel, UN BioFin Global Manager.
The solon, a known conservation advocate, said that they have agreed to work several advocacies.
Sato’s office and the BioFin will work closely on:
1. Mobilizing the youth and SK leaders of Occidental Mindoro for Tamaraw conservation initiatives;
2. Work with DENR Sec. Roy Cimatu and DENR-BMB in ensuring the institutionalized budget allocation for the 113 legislated Protected Areas listed in the ENIPAS;
3. Organize an ASEAN Parliamentary Caucus for Biodiversity Conservation. I will personally propose this to our incoming Speaker of the House of Representatives, Cong. Alan Peter Cayetano;
4. BioFin Bhutan formally invited me as a resource person for a learning visit on policy development and localization of biodiversity financing; and,
5. Onno also formally invited me to participate in the next Biofin Global Conference to be held in Paris on April, 2020.
“Thanks Onno and the rest of the BioFIn team. We now have our work cut-out for us,” the solon said.