Masbate City SP member wants DPWH, contractors to put warning signage in their projects
A member of the Masbate City Sangguniang Panglungsod has urged the council to pass a resolution asking the Public Works department and contractors to put road signage in their projects.
Councilor Mayie Verano Salvacion delivered a privilege speech during the council’s 132nd Regular Session with Coun. Allan T. Lim as the temporary presiding officer.
“The Hon. Mayie Verano Salvacion delivered her privilege speech strongly urging her colleagues to pass a resolution requesting the DPWH-Masbate and respective contractors to install standard and visible warning signage in their road repair projects, especially along COLMS at Brgy. Malinta, Masbate City to prevent road accidents and ensure the safety of students and pedestrians,” the city government said.
Councilor Joel Ibañez meanwhile manifested to invite DPWH Masbate as well as the contractors next regular session for the Question Hour.
Meanwhile, the city council approved 13 resolutions, namely:
1. Reso authorizing the City Mayor to enter into a MOA with DSWD, Region V for the implementation of Supplementary Feeding Program for CY 2019 in the City by Hon. Leilah Danao Placer.
2. Reso authoring the City Mayor to accept one unit of used ambulance donated by Philippine-Japan Friendship Association, Inc. by Hon. Andrei Barsaga Diez Sr.
3. Reso authorizing payment of travel expenses of some of the City officials by Hon. Andrei B. Diez Sr.
4. Reso requiring the wearing of Rodeo attire in support to the Rodeo Festival 2019 every Friday starting February 2019 by Hon. Rosemarie V. Salvacion.
5. Reso authorizing the closure of Rodeo Drive 25 road on Feb. 20, 2019 for the Kick off ceremony of the 2019 Paarong Bicol by Hon. Jerry Rey.
6. Reso endorsing M/Bca Kulafu to MARINA for the issuance of Certificate of Public Convenience by Hon. Socrates Tuason.
7. Reso extending profound sympathy to the family of the late Ding Guadayo by Hon. Jose Rodolfo B. Cortes III.
8. Reso approving the payment for reimbursement to Mr. Tambago by Hon. Andrei B. Diez Sr.
9. Reso approving payment of DST by Hon. Andrei B. Diez Sr.
10. Reso approving payment of publication fees by Hon. Andrei B. Diez Sr.
11 & 12. Reso approving the Annual Budget of Brgy. Cawayan Exterior and F. Magallanes by Hon. Andrei B. Diez S.
13. Reso requesting the DPWH-Masbate and respective contractors to install standard and visible warning signage in their road repair projects, especially along COLMS at Brgy. Malinta, Masbate City to prevent road accidents and ensure the safety of students and pedestrians.