Albay placed under ‘state of preparedness’ as Typhoon Ompong enters PH
Albay Governor Al Francis Bichara has placed the province under “state of preparedness” amid the possible effects of Typhoon Ompong.
Bichara, chairman of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, issued an advisory as Typhoon Ompong entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility yesterday.
The PDRRMC Albay ordered the following:
1. Suspension of classes for both private and public schools in the pre-school, elementary and high school levels effective [today] and until lifted.
2. No sailing to all fishermen.
3. Restriction of any shoreline activities such as swimming, etc.
4. Avoidance or delay of any planned inter island travels along the eastern seaboard to avoid the disastrous impacts due to rough and very rough seas.
5. All LDRRMCs should be on heightened alert in their areas of jurisdiction and to monitor status of typhoon through the PAGASA Legazpi and local broadcast media.