Coron Mayor Barracoso lays down processes, requirements for LTFRB van franchise application
Coron Mayor Jerry Barracoso has met with van operators and other transport stakeholders to lay down the process on how to secure their franchise from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB).
Also present during the meeting were Vice Mayor Patit and Mr. Errol Bala from LTFRB Lipa, Batangas.
According to thr mayor, the following process should be followed:
1. Bumuo ng isang kooperatiba (Sa isang bayan, isang prangkisa lang ang pwedeng ibigay para sa isang klase ng serbisyo – ex. tourist transport)
2. Magparehistro sa Cooperative Development Authority
3. Magparehistro sa Office of Transport Cooperative
4. Kumuha ng Endorsement mula sa Department of Tourism
5. Application sa LTFRB
The requirements are:
1. Vehicle model year – year of application
2. Bawat unit dapat may CCTV, dash cam, wifi at GPS mula sa accredited stores ng LTFRB
3. Minimum of 10 units/cooperative
Meanwhile, the mayor clarified that Department of Tourism accredited establishments are allowed to have two vans to be used exclusively for their guests without the need to secure franchise.
“Dapat nakapangalan sa establishment o sa owner ng establishment ang van (model-same as year of application for accreditation),” said the mayor.
The same rules apply for DOT-accredited travel and tours.