DOLE: Palawan informal workers get P7M livelihood aid
Informal workers in Palawan recently received much-needed livelihood assistance amounting to P7 million from the Department of Labor and Employment.
The DOLE cited information from its MIMAROPA regional office indicating the amount went to some 700 members of 11 workers’ associations in the province.
“DOLE’s livelihood assistance will help our workers to transform their livelihood projects into sustainable businesses, which will supplement their families’ income,” Regional Director Alvin Villamor said.
Receiving the livelihood assistance were:
– Puerto Princesa Ice Cream Vendors Association with P1 million
– General Services Mechanic Association-BLGU Tagburos with P999,980
– Sta. Lourdes-Hobay Transport Terminal Operators & Drivers Association with P918,630.
– Women’s Dress Shop Association of Barangay San Miguel with P962,284
– Matahimik Bucana Kabuhayan Association with P478,236
– Panahian ng mga Kababaihan – Golden Hope Association with P497,960
– Kaakbayan Pig Farming & Pork Processing Association with P999,600
– Bancao Bancao Meat Processing Association with P304,045
– WPDL Meat Processing with Piggery and Goat Raising Association with P390,664
– Sta. Lourdes-Hobay Transport Terminal Operators & Drivers Association got P918,630
– Shells Craft Association of Palawan received P200,125.