Catanduanes Judge Contreras argues why she has no hand in BM death threats
Catanduanes Judge Lelu Contreras has called “unbelievable” the allegations that she’s behind the sending of “death threats” to Provincial Board Members Giovanni Balmadrid and Arnel Turado over the weekend.
The two politikos were the proponents of a resolution that sought the magistrate’s removal from Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 42 last month.
The resolution, which was unanimously approved, cited “loss of trust and confidence” in Contreras.
Contreras, in an interview with Bicol Standard Tuesday (April 18), insinuated that the resolution could not be the reason for the supposedly threats since the entire Provincial Council approved it.
“Bakong unanimously approved so resolution laban sako. An hapot, tano ta sindang 2 lang an allegedly threatened and not all of them who approved it,” she said.
Told that the two BMs were mainly behind the resolution, the lady judge still found it incredulous that those who sent the message would go out of their way to research about this detail.
“Gusto nindang sabihon nag-research pa so nagpapadara sainda nin death threats kaya naaraman na sindang 2 an proponents? Unbelievable tabi,” Contreras said.
Judge Contreras has been blamed for the alleged intentional delay in the issuance of a search warrant against the owner of the “mega-sized” shabu laboratory in Virac upon its discovery by authorities last November.
Considered the biggest ever found, the lab is capable of churning out 9.6 tons of shabu per month.#